Grapefruit Softball League. Grades 2 - 3
Grapefruit Softball is an instructional program for players in grades 2 and 3. This program is designed to improve skills and the understanding of the rules / strategies of softball in a fun, environment.
The Grapefruit League will be a combinations of clinics / drills run by parent volunteer coaches with the support of Frozen Ropes staff with games each week.
Competitive game play is a part of this program and will be introduced as the season progresses. Game play is usually in the form against teams from surrounding towns and potentially participating in local tournaments.
Note: No previous experience with softball or baseball is necessary.
- Practices will run from April (after spring break) through June.
- Games and practices take place at Wayland Middle School
- They may be optional indoor clinics at Town Building.
- Games and practices are held on weekdays with no weekend commitments.
- In 2016 games and practices were held on Tuesdays and Wednesday 5:30-7:00pm
Wayland Little League Scholarship Program
Wayland Little League (WLL) is committed to promoting baseball and softball in our local community and believes all children in our community should have the opportunity to participate in our programs. Wayland Little League will not deny any child a chance to play baseball or softball due to financial hardship. Full or partial scholarships are available.
If you wish apply for a Wayland Little League scholarship please click here to complete a scholarship request.
All scholarship applications requests are confidential.